8.03.2011

Out & EaTiNg & THINKING

Absolutely insane time here in Addis. Really busy, with work as well as fun times, of course!
This past week and a half----
Nightly outings have been a medley of bars, jazz lounges, and nightclubs.
I've been following my strict seafood diet. You know, whenever I "sea" food I eat it.
Still roaming around, checking out amazing views, and getting my head on straight with how much this city has grown. Some of the sights seriously make me weak in the knees, and kick my thoughts into a endless state of wandering. Mostly about what I hope Ethiopia will become/what I hope others will learn about my amazing country. 
"Think of Africa and for too many people it conjures up images of hunger, poverty, disease and conflict. These are the four horsemen of the supposed African apocalypse. Journalists seeking stories look for death, decay and destruction while charities seeking donations reinforce the stereotypes with pictures of malnourished children and dying adults....Ethiopia today, [is] a country that more than any demonstrates the gulf between the West's perception and the reality of modern Africa" --Ian Birrell, The Observer

Sidenote, The new Planet Blue Lookbook is making me a little San Francisco nostalgic, just a little. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

No comments:

Post a Comment